Each year on April 23rd we celebrate National Lost Dog Awareness Day.
On April 23, 2014, Lost Dogs of America created and launched the first National Lost Dog Awareness Day (NLDAD), a canine-centric holiday aimed to bring attention to all dogs that are lost each year, while also celebrating the thousands of lost dogs successfully reunited with their families.
Lost Dogs of America is an all-volunteer organization with the exclusive purpose of providing a free service to help reunite families with their lost dogs.
The tenacious efforts of the combined states’ volunteers efforts, along with over 150,000 fans have helped reunite over 21,000 dogs with their families since 2010. Getting lost dogs back home reduces stress on owners’, staff at shelters/animal control facilities, other dogs in the facilities, and ultimately saves taxpayers’ money. It also opens up kennel space for truly homeless dogs.
“When a dog goes missing, many families give up looking for their lost pet. National Lost Dog Awareness Day was created to give hope to the families still looking for their dogs and remind the public that “not all stray dogs are homeless dogs”.
HELP US RAISE AWARENESS FOR THIS EVENT!
Hashtag: Tag your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts – #LostDogAwarenessDay
Dedicate your profile pic: Save this file to your computer and upload it as your Facebook profile picture.
Post on Instagram:
Right Click and Copy the Image Below and save to your computer and post on Instagram
You can also click here for other assets to download graphics.
IDEAS FOR SHELTERS:
- Shelters can hold a free or reduced cost microchip clinic to promote more pets being chipped. We will be providing info that you can print and share at the event about the importance of microchips to help reunite pets, along with other lost dog info. Also , if you have a walk coming up, add an element to help raise awareness for lost pets in your area while expanding your registrants. Check out Grow Your Walk/Walk the Walk to learn more!
IDEAS FOR INDIVIDUALS:
- Individuals can save our event logo picture and add as your FB profile picture prior to and on April 23 to raise awareness.
IDEAS FOR GROUPS/LOST PET PAGES:
- Groups can plan a community walk to raise awareness for lost pets.
- Let your local media know about our page and how to contact us to get localized story ideas!
With your help we can share and reinforce the message that “Not all stray dogs are homeless dogs”.
HOW TO ADD A PUBLIC EVENT PROMOTING LDAD:
- Click here to go to GenerationWags.com’s Pawcentric Events page
- Scroll down to the calendar and select POST YOUR EVENT on the upper right side on top of calendar
- Enter your info and BE SURE to select LOST DOG AWARENESS DAY as a category
- Submit! Your event will now be posted on the Pawcentric Events calendar AND below on this page!
Help us raise awareness to help reunite more lost dogs!